Purposes and Goals of the
Society of St. John Vianney
- To defend our Holy Catholic Faith through encouraging devotion to and respect for the sacred office and traditions of the priesthood as instituted by Our Lord Jesus Christ and taught by the Holy Magisterium of the Church.
- To defend our clergy and religious from unjust persecution, slander, and sacrilege, particularly from anti-Catholic and modernist forces opposed to our Faith, by providing moral, legal, and financial support when and where appropriate.
- To promote vocations to the priesthood and religious life through constant prayer, via educational and informational programs and, above all, by sincere and pious example.
- To reach out to Catholic bishops, priests, religious, and seminarians with the full Message of Fatima, thereby promoting love for the Immaculate Heart of Mary.
- To encourage even greater devotion to Our Lady among the clergy and religious and to promote obedience to all Her Fatima requests (particularly the Consecration of Russia) through education programs, free distribution of information, local and international conferences and other initiatives.
- To support mission-country priests and religious in their all-important evangelization efforts by providing Marian information, Rosaries, Scapulars, and other materials to promote love for God’s Mother and thereby the conversion of the world.