Re: Heed the Call of the USCCB
Fortnight for Freedom (June 21 - July 4)
June 11, 2012
Month of the Sacred Heart
Dear Friend of Our Lady,
This is an URGENT APPEAL TO OUR LADY’S APOSTOLATE VOLUNTEERS!
Enclosed with this letter is a report from John Vennari, the editor of Catholic Family News.
The report is about a “Stand Up for Religious Liberty” rally held in Buffalo, New York 3 days ago and the U.S. bishops’ upcoming “Fortnight for Freedom”.
“Fortnight for Freedom”, which begins June 21 and ends July 4th, 2012, is part of the U.S. bishops’ plan for a nationwide spiritual defense against the Obama administration’s “Contraception Mandate” (see Volunteer Letter #131, dated February 18, 2012).
Present among the approximately 700 attendees at the rally were 14 speakers which included a spokesperson for the Bishop of the Catholic Diocese of Buffalo, a rabbi, and a 16-year-old girl.
The speakers called on all Catholics and others of good will to fight the attack on religious freedom by the Obama administration.
Plain and simple, it is a call to prayer, study, catechesis and public action — along with efforts that will continue long past the 4th of July, as stated by the spokesperson for the Bishop of Buffalo (Bishop Kmiec).
This letter specifically addresses supporting the U.S. bishops’ “Fortnight for Freedom”.
Only She Can Help You
Our Lady of Fatima told us only She can help us. God has ordained this.
We knew it had to happen eventually. As Our Lady indicated in Her Fatima Message, it will happen but it will be very late. She was speaking of the Consecration of Russia by the Pope in union with the bishops.
But first, the bishops have to wake up from the “diabolical disorientation” spoken of by Sister Lucy of Fatima.
This is what is happening now. We saw small beginnings just prior to the last presidential election, when some of the U.S. bishops warned the Catholic faithful about not voting for a candidate who made it clear that he would promote the abortion and homosexual agendas.
And we have seen and continue to see the evils taking place because that advice of the few bishops and others brave enough to speak out was ignored.
Now, however, with the attack on the Catholic Faith and religious liberty so evident, many more are waking up.
Praised be to Jesus and Mary for condescending to the meager efforts of Catholics praying and sacrificing for Our Lady’s Triumph and all it entails.
Now is the time to join the bishops in their call to prayer and action.
Prayer and Action Requests and Suggestions:
- Join us during the bishops’ “Fortnight for Freedom” and continue after by praying at least one Rosary daily for: the protection of the Catholic Church from all her enemies — internal and external, foreign and domestic — particularly, protection from the encroachment on things pertaining to the Faith by the government of the U.S.
- Circulate the information in this letter and the enclosed report by John Vennari — regarding the call for prayer and action to all Catholics by the U.S. bishops — during the “Fortnight for Freedom” and continuing on after. Tell your family, friends, fellow parishioners, parish priest, and notify Knights of Columbus, pro-life and other groups.
- Encourage others to join in prayer and action.
- Check to see if your diocese is on the enclosed list of dioceses participating in the “Fortnight for Freedom”. If it is, then notify your parish priest and bishop of your support in this endeavor and thank him for his participation.
- Please plan to participate in special prayer activities specific for the bishops’ intentions during this time, that are taking place in your diocese and/or parish.
- For example, the diocese of Buffalo, N.Y. is conducting Eucharistic Adoration on June 21 and July 3, the first and second last days of the “Fortnight for Freedom”.
- If your diocese is not on the enclosed list, please contact your bishop or his representative and ask him to join his fellow bishops in this effort to protect the Catholic Church from her enemies.
- Show the enclosed report and listing of dioceses participating in the “Fortnight for Freedom” to your parish priest and ask him to make an announcement from the pulpit at all Masses. Ask him to engage his parishioners in joining by conducting Eucharistic Adoration, praying the Rosary, etc. at your parish during and even after this two-week time period.
Or go to our website www.fatima.org and print off more copies.
Please note, the diocesan list was as of June 12, but by the time you receive this we hope the number of dioceses participating has greatly increased; to check on this go to the website of the USCCB (U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops) and click on the section “Fortnight for Freedom”.
Please return the enclosed reply form and let us know:
– if your diocese and/or parish participated in “Fortnight for Freedom” and if so, tell us how this was done.
– that you have joined us in this effort and will continue to pray for the intentions listed in item #1 under the heading “Prayer and Action Requests...” in this letter.
– you were able to notify others of the call to all Catholics for prayer and action by the U.S. bishops.
– you were able to reach the office of your bishop and/or your parish priest and encourage their participation.
We look forward to hearing back from you.
In the Sacred and Immaculate Hearts,
|P.S.||As a member of the Church militant and one of Our Lady’s Apostolate volunteers, we look forward to uniting with you in this spiritual battle for the salvation of souls. Please let us hear back from you.
|P.P.S.||Please remember we are Catholics and must fight this as Catholics with Catholic methods of prayer — such as the Rosary and Eucharistic Adoration — and not by inter-faith prayer.
|P.P.P.S.||Remember Sister Lucy of Fatima said: