"Vatican Synod 2015: The Final Confrontation" - Perspectives
A Most Revealing Passage
November 10, 2015
by Christopher A. Ferrara
In my last column I made reference to the Pope’s indignant address on the last day of Phony Synod 2015, blasting those who had stood in the way of approval for what “the Spirit” — meaning his handpicked, unelected, progressive-dominated drafting committee of ten — was supposedly trying to say through the Synod Fathers. One paragraph of that address bears further examination as emblematic of Francis’ entire program over the past two-and-a-half years:
It [the Synod] was also about laying bare the closed hearts which frequently hide even behind the Church’s teachings or good intentions, in order to sit in the chair of Moses and judge, sometimes with superiority and superficiality, difficult cases and wounded families.
- Nov. 6 - Get Ready for Regional Truth
- Oct. 24 - Letter #8: A Procedural Joke
- Oct. 23 - Letter #7: Cardinal Gracias: Whom do you think you are kidding?
- Oct. 22 - Letter #6: A Sham to the Very End
- Oct. 21 - Letter #5: Archbishop Coleridge Tips His Hand
- Oct. 21 - Letter #4: Shepherds or Hired Hands?
- Oct. 20 - Letter #3: Cardinal Pell Backpedals
- Oct. 19 - Letter #2: Anatomy of a Sham
- Oct. 16 - Three Good Men Trapped in the New Paradigm
- Oct. 15 - About that Thirteen Cardinals Letter
- Oct. 5 - Beautiful words, but then…
- Oct. 2 - The Phony Synod: Now Even Phonier
- Sep. 16 - Müller Warns of German Schism. But Only in Germany?
- Sep. 15 - More Double Talk as Synod of Doom Approaches
- Sep. 14 - Is the Tide Turning Against Bergoglianism?
- Sep. 9 - Admirable Yet Ridiculous
- Sep. 4 - Fatima and the African Bishops at the Synod of Doom
- Aug. 31 - Crafty Cupich on the Synod of Doom
- Aug. 28 - Blueprint for Subversion
- Aug. 26 - October 13
- Aug. 21 - Petition to Francis Reaches 471,000 Signatures
- Aug. 12 - When Will the Guessing Game End?
- June 7 - And the point of the Synod was?
- June 6 - Schockenhoff "Masterminds" Shock-and-Awe at Synod II
- Mar. 27 - As Opposition to the Phony Synod Rises,Francis Says "Gossip" Against It Must Cease
- Mar. 2 - Phony Synod Update: The Stench Deepens
- Feb. 27 - Cardinal Sarah Throws Down the Gantlet
- Feb. 2 - Would you buy a Used Synod from this Man?
- Jan. 26 - Synod 2015: The Titanic Approaches the Iceberg